- 5:30 am Waking up and tea/coffee.
- 6:00 am - 8:00 am Meditation, pranayama and short sequence.
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am Breakfast.
- 9:00 am - 12:00 am Relaxing restorative poses.
- 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm Lunch.
- 1:30 pm ....... Time off.
Yoga Vacation Retreats
on a Tropical Beach
Restoring Yoga Vacation on the Beach5 Days
San Agustinillo Beach, Oaxaca, Mexico
Discover how your whole being can be transformed during a Restorative Alignment retreat on the beach at the beautiful coast of Oaxaca.
For 5 days you’ll enjoy the guidance and company of Brigitte who will share her knowledge with you, teaching from the heart, allowing you to relax and strengthen.
Approaching yoga practice with relaxation will release tension acquired from poor postural habits, and using therapeutic tools that mobilize the spine into a more natural and correct body posture, will make you feel light and energized.
We start each day early in the morning with meditation, followed by breathing exercises (pranayama), and the physical practice of dynamic and restorative postures (asanas).
The afternoons are free to bask in the sun, swim in crystal clear water, hike, hang out with your fellow participants or read a good book in your hammock.
As groups consist of many nationalities, classes will be taught in both English and Spanish simultaneously. A great way to improve your language skills!
- Interact with like minded people
- Small group size
- Restoring, revitalizing and energizing yoga practice
- Experienced teacher
- Delicious and healthy food
- Warm weather year round
- Near the beach
- Ocean view accommodation
- All levels of experience are welcome!
- If you have never practiced yoga this retreat is ideal to start.
- If you’re a more experienced yogi, don’t worry, the level of each exercise will be adapted to your needs.
Why do I need a yoga vacation?
To take care of your physical, mental and emotional health
To bask in the sun and feel the sand beneath your feet
To free yourself from routine
To deepen your knowledge of yourself and yoga
To find out if Restorative Alignment is something you would like to explore in depth in the future
Maintain a strong and healthy body while getting to know it better.
The way we breathe is connected to our mental body. Learning to observe and correct wrong breathing patterns will help to relax the mind and increase overall health.
The art of stilling the mind, providing you with a useful and practical tool to return to yourself.
· Feeling completely revitalized ·
- Yoga classes (24 hours total)
- Meals (daily breakfast and lunch + welcome and farewell dinner)
- Accommodation (5 days and 5 nights)
- Dinners (apart from the welcome and farewell dinner)
- Airport transfer
During past events we have noticed that participants are keen to explore the great variety of restaurants in San Agustenillo and nearby coastal villages, and that is why we decided to lower our prices and only include a welcome and farewell dinner. On the remaining nights you will have the opportunity to go out together with your fellow participants and explore the culinary heights of the "Costa Chica".
- A reservation requires a deposit.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the reservation is cancelled.
- The rest of the bill should be settled before or at the latest upon arrival.
- Once the event has started, no refunds will be issued.
- If due to force majeure Solstice Yoga Center has to cancel the event, a full refund will be issued.
- Book with Flexible Conditions -
Need to cancel your trip due to COVID-19? You can reschedule your reservation free of charge or receive credit for your non-refundable deposit and re-book anytime.
Solstice Yoga Center is located at the Las Tres Marías hotel, which sits on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean at the pleasant beach community of San Agustinillo in the state of Oaxaca, Mexico.
The nearest airport is Huatulco airport (code HUX). It is also possible to fly into Puerto Escondido airport (PXM). From either airport you can take a taxi to get to the Las Tres Marías hotel in San Agustinillo.
Arrival can be anytime on the published start date.
Your accommodation will be ready for you after 2:00 pm, but if you arrive earlier we'll keep your luggage safe and you'll be free to enjoy the beach 🙂
A welcome dinner will be served at around 7:00 pm, the yoga program will start early next morning.
Departure is after lunch on the published end date at 1:00 pm.
San Agustinillo is regarded as one of the safest communities of the Oaxacan coast.
To safeguard your well-being during your stay at Solstice Yoga Center we implemented the following hygiene protocol:
- You will be using personalized yoga equipment which will be kept separate at all times.
- Hand sanitizer is available at key areas.
- Rooms and all other hotel areas will be sanitized before your stay.
- All event participants and staff are to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
· Brigitte Longueville ·
Traveling to India 40 years ago was my big inspiration to start practicing yoga. Studying the more traditional yoga paths (Iyengar- and Ashtanga-yoga) and interlacing it with the functional restorative yoga that I have been practicing during the past 20 years, created a fruitful mix that resulted in the birth of Restorative Alignment. Some of my most influential teachers have been Clive Sheridan, Gert van Leeuwen, David McAmmond, and my Vipassana teacher S.N. Goenka.
Since 2008 I hold a Yoga Alliance registration as E-RYT®500 and YACEP provider.
What retreat attendees say
It was the most incredible experience!Harry S
I went to my first yoga retreat ever with Brigitte after about two years of practicing yoga. It was the most incredible experience I had ever had with both yoga and meditation. I live in the NY Metro area and there are many great yoga teachers given the population and the attraction of NYC. Brigitte is by far the best teacher I’ve had. Her focus is completely on each of the individuals in the class. She made me feel comfortable being me in my own practice and I stopped comparing myself and my practice to others. She made me feel safe to be me and to also stretch myself and try things I’d never tried before. I have been to 7 retreats with Brigitte and wish I could go to three or four every year.
Brings you to the next level!Curtis West
I have attended three yoga retreats with Brigitte. In each instance, she addressed my practice where it was at the moment and then showed me the way to a more profound, confident, and enhanced practice in a way that was fun, energizing and inspiring.
a skilled teacher who inspired meJoyce Auld
As a less experienced than some attending Brigitte’s retreat, I found her very helpful in showing me ways to adjust and adapt to ensure my safe participation. She is a skilled teacher who inspired me to improve and make yoga part of my daily routine.
There is a warmth and strength coming from Brigitte which made me feel very special in her presence. She has that no nonsense approach to life which empowered me to feel into my own depth and to do and be more than I could have imagined. There is nothing else like the experience offered at her retreats.
fun experience that exceeded my expectationsKate Corenthal
I did a retreat with Brigitte several years ago and have been trying to make it back ever since. It was a serious yet fun experience that exceeded my expectations in helping me to deepen my practice and gain fitness in which Brigitte’s guidance and teaching was essential. Her depth of practice and expert teaching made a great impression on me that I remember to this day.
Excellent teacherEsther Suijker de Vries
I just love Brigitte and her excellent yoga classes, a perfect combination of body work and spiritual meditation/ breathing. If I would live nearby I would attend every day. Do not forget the great work she did in developing the BackMitra®, a great new yoga tool. I am so happy she did several YouTube films with this Back Mitra, so I can still benefit from her lessons. Over the last 25 years I had the pleasure of attending several workshops she gave. Great and inspirational to see that a teacher still develops herself and her work. Bless you Brigitte!
Frequently Asked Questions
5 Days of relaxation, conviviality and delicious food near the beach, combined with Restorative Alignment practice, pranayama and meditation that will fill you with energy.
No yoga experience is required, but a positive attitude towards learning new techniques is highly recommended.
For participation in a 5-day retreat you won't receive a certificate.
If you are interested to become a certified teacher please have a look at our Yoga Alliance certified Teacher Training Programs.
Also check out our Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Programs (YACEP).
The yoga studio is spacious and well ventilated, so the maximum number of participants that we can safely accommodate is 18.
Of course, this is a yoga vacation 🙂
After lunch you are free!
We serve delicious, healthy vegetarian food. On occasion fish may be included depending on the season.
The following meals are included:
- Welcome and farewell dinner
The following drinks are included:
- Agua de fruta
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for*:
* If you have special dietary requirements please let us know when making your reservation.
- Mazunte is the nearest coastal village, which is about a 20 minutes walk or 5 minutes by taxi.
- Zipolite is about 15 minutes by taxi or an hour's walk away.
- Pochutla, a small city where you can find medical services, larger shops, a market, banks, etc. It takes about 40 minutes by taxi.
To make your stay with us more comfortable we recommended to bring the following items:
- Hat / cap
- Beach towel
- Yoga Mat
- Comfortable clothes for yoga
- Debit/Credit card
- Any prescription medicine
- Hike along the beach
- Play in the ocean, bask in the sun, sip a margarita
- Read a good book in your hammock
- Let yourself be surprised by whales, dolphins or sea turtles during a boat trip
- Watch colorful birds at a nearby lagoon
- Go scuba diving or snorkeling at San Agustín de las Flores
- Ride the waves at Zicatela Beach
- Visit archaeological sites, wildlife sanctuaries, and coastal villages
- Cleanse yourself with a shamanic healing experience by the local curandero
- Take a relaxing massage or temazcal